James E. Roberts–Obayashi is a highly respected Bay Area General Contractor specializing in the Construction of Multi-Family and Senior Living Construction projects for the past 80 years. We are seeking a Project Superintendent who has proven experience as the Lead Superintendent in the construction of Wood Frame and Concrete Multi-Family and Senior Living projects in the $10 to $50 Million dollar range.
We are seeking a Construction Superintendent to be the lead point of contact and management in the field. The Superintendent is responsible for monitoring, directing and controlling the daily operations on the construction site.
• Provide leadership and manage all aspects of the construction pertaining to the job site.
• Maintain the project's schedule and control costs on the job site.
• Monitor progress as well as answer questions that may arise from subcontractors.
• Ensure order is maintained and disputes do not arise between subcontractors.
• Schedule daily activities and coordinate between the trades
• Document progress and generate requests for information to the project manager and architect if needed.
• Ensure quality assurance and customer satisfaction is maintained throughout the construction process.
• Coordinate inspection with City departments.
• Monitor and ensure safety on the jobsite.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to read and interpret building plans and specifications
• Knowledgeable in Wood and Concrete construction
• Knowledge in all areas of construction from site development through delivery and acceptance
• Knowledge of OSHA standards
• Ability to supervise
• Ability to schedule and multi task
• Ability to compile reports
• Skilled in the use of computers/Microsoft Office and project management software.
• Strong organizational and people skills
Experience and Education
We are seeking an individual with a minimum of 10 years of managing the day to day field operations on multi story buildings and or multi buildings projects.
You must have Multi-Family or Senior Living and wood frame experience as the lead Superintendent to be considered for the position.
The ideal candidate will have completed a trade school program, apprenticeship program, or technical college with a major in construction management.
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume in pdf format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Project Superintendent” in your email subject line.
No phone calls please.